Me in a nutshell...

I married my high school sweetheart in 2003 and have been enjoying the military life with all of it's challenges both good and bad since. I have a B.S. in Psychology, worked in law enforcement field and now am finding it difficult to find any work. I have decided to follow my heart and work with numbers! Yuck to some, but fun to me. I'm working on an Accounting degree while juggling military life, raising 2 beautiful kids and searching for an opening in the job market where I can hone my skills. Follow me along this fun, stressful and interesting journey....

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

MGC1....one more class down!

I started MGC1 while waiting for QAT1 results to come back.  I finished it today with a 84.  I took the pre-assessment without any reading and got a 56.  Studied for several days, took another pre-assessment and got an 88! I felt confident in the material and scheduled the final after the first pre-assessment.  I knew that I would be able to increase my score and felt like the 5 days or so that it took to get the assessment scheduled was sufficient enough time for me to study.  It is a lot of material but I feel like once you take the pre-assessment you get an idea of what the final will cover.  So I focused on these areas.  I also found this flash card link that helped a great deal, thanks to the person who made it!

http://quizlet.com/11135032/mgc1-flash-cards/

One more class done, working on RWT1 and will have it ready to submit tomorrow!

**TIP...I've found that if you want to accelerate, it is a great idea to start working ahead on other classes even if not yet assigned to you by your mentor.  I feel like it is chipping away at the classes, instead of focusing all your time on one class.  If you are not good at multi-tasking, this may not be a good idea for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment