Me in a nutshell...

I married my high school sweetheart in 2003 and have been enjoying the military life with all of it's challenges both good and bad since. I have a B.S. in Psychology, worked in law enforcement field and now am finding it difficult to find any work. I have decided to follow my heart and work with numbers! Yuck to some, but fun to me. I'm working on an Accounting degree while juggling military life, raising 2 beautiful kids and searching for an opening in the job market where I can hone my skills. Follow me along this fun, stressful and interesting journey....

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

2nd class done! Whew.....

I finish my 2nd class LWC1 (Fundamentals of Business Law and Ethics) today! This class covered a lot content.  At first, I didn't think that I would be able to retain all of it.  I took the pre-assessment and scored a 62 (the cut score is 60).  This was without any studying.  I then cracked open the book and began to study amidst all of our moving, cleaning and helping the kids to make the move smooth.  I then took the pre-assessment again (WGU gives you 3 attempts at the pre-assessment before you take the final assessment) and scored a 74.  I was beginning to feel more confident but I set my goal at 80 before I would schedule my final. 

I studied and studied and took my last pre-assessment and did it, I got an 80.  So feeling even more confident, I scheduled my final assessment.  The only problem was that it took about 5 days (when done by proctor) to get it scheduled, which delayed me in my goal by 5 days.  It pushed me into march by the time I had it scheduled.  But I passed and scored an 86!

The final assessment had several of the same questions as the pre-assessment, but I found that the final had more situational questions rather than definition based questions.  But I think that as long as a student reads, studies and comprehends the material, they should have not problem passing the final. 

On to my 3rd class.....BNC1.

2 comments:

  1. I am about to take my assessment Friday, 11-8-2013. I am very nervous. When you say the questions are the same, are you meaning most of them, or just some? were there any newer questions that were not shown? And can you give me an example of what situation questions were asked? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you did well on the pre-assessments then you will do just fine on the final assessment. The questions are pretty much the same with some minor differences but they should look pretty familiar. Most classes I noticed are this way so I began to take screen shots of my pre-assessments and used them as a studying tool. It really helped me to know what I needed help with and why I was getting something wrong. Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck on your test, you will do great!

    ReplyDelete