Me in a nutshell...

I married my high school sweetheart in 2003 and have been enjoying the military life with all of it's challenges both good and bad since. I have a B.S. in Psychology, worked in law enforcement field and now am finding it difficult to find any work. I have decided to follow my heart and work with numbers! Yuck to some, but fun to me. I'm working on an Accounting degree while juggling military life, raising 2 beautiful kids and searching for an opening in the job market where I can hone my skills. Follow me along this fun, stressful and interesting journey....

Thursday, March 7, 2013

3 classes done!

I took as passes my final assessment for BNC1!  Although it was a little odd.  This was the first time that I took a test via online proctoring.  It was a lot quicker to get scheduled than a on site proctor, but it felt a little odd.  Knowing that someone is watching you when you can't see/hear them.....just made me a little self conscious thoughout the test.  I'm sure that after a couple more I will get comfortable, at least I hope so.....

Well this class in recap was ok.  As the class mentor says in the beginning not everyone will be interested in it, but you gotta do it.  That was me in a nutshell.  I found it best to print out all 6 of the practice tests that the mentor emails you (you have to email him first and ask for it along with the other study material, but it is TOTALLY worth it) and follow along with either the pre-recorded webinars or the live ones if one is scheduled at a time convenient to you.  But I used the recoreded ones.  The mentor Jim Jividen was AWESOME! Although the content was not too interesting to me, he is really good at getting the message across and is a pretty good presentor/lecturer. 

I took my first pre-assessment again without any reading or studying and scored a 46 (cut score is a 51).  So I took it in stride.  We were in Texas and all dealing with my husband's grandmother's passing.  Of all of the things that our family had to deal with this was the WORST! I don't know how we did it, but we did.  We leaned on one another and decided to celebrate her beautiful life.  My poor babies had a hard time but with a lot of reassurance that she was ok and in heaven playing with our dog that passed away several years ago helped them deal with it a little better. 

After getting back home, I was able to focus on the course and began to watch the webinars one at a time and complete the practice tests along with the webinars I watched.  After all 6 were done, I took the pre-assessment again and scored a 79.  I immediately scheduled my final assessment, but did so with the OLP (online proctoring) which I spoke about earlier.  I was behind on my goal of completing all 3 classes by the end of the month and need to do some catch up.  I passed on 03/07 with a 67.  I don't know why my score was so much lower, the only thing that I can think of was that I was a little uncomfortable with the OLP and wasn't able to focus on all the questions.  But I passed!!!!

So 7 days behind scheduled goal, but I am determined to make it up on my next classes.  Let's see if I can do it?.......I think I can, I know I can, I have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment