Me in a nutshell...

I married my high school sweetheart in 2003 and have been enjoying the military life with all of it's challenges both good and bad since. I have a B.S. in Psychology, worked in law enforcement field and now am finding it difficult to find any work. I have decided to follow my heart and work with numbers! Yuck to some, but fun to me. I'm working on an Accounting degree while juggling military life, raising 2 beautiful kids and searching for an opening in the job market where I can hone my skills. Follow me along this fun, stressful and interesting journey....

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Interview, but no luck!

Update....
I had an interview for a position as a teller at a local credit union.  The initial interview went well and I was called for a second interview.  It went very well until it came to the part of them asking if I lived close to the branch area (it is in an industrial, out of way area) and I stated that I lived on base.  This may have been a mistake, because the follow up question was, how long can you commit to us?  I answered honestly and stated that I would love to commit as long as physically possible but that as a military spouse we are unaware of how long we will be in a certain location.  I refuse to lie about this part of my life, but I have yet to find a way to answer this question that will not hinder me.  So of course, the following Monday, yesterday I received an email stating that they decided to go another way.  In all honesty I can't think of any other reason that I did not get the position.  Although part of me wants to deny that people will not hire military spouses just because we will have to leave. 

Again, I will not let this keep me down.  On to another day and hopefully another interview and even better yet a job offer!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment